We invite you to celebrate the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist at Saint Joan of Arc Church. We welcome current members and all who are seeking to join our parish to enter into the process that will lead to full initiation into the Catholic Church for youth and adults.
Formation for the sacraments is ongoing. To get started, regular Mass attendance on weekends is expected together with faith formation sessions specific to the age of the person. The length of the process depends on the sacrament and needs of the individual. In preparing families to celebrate the sacraments, Saint Joan of Arc parish follows the guidelines set by the Archdioceses of Baltimore. Some of the details, specific to each sacramental preparation are discussed below.
Please contact the Office of Faith Formation to learn more about formation for the Sacraments of Initiation. 410-272-6944 or email@example.com
Baptism for youth
- Celebrated during or after Mass First Sunday of the month (except Advent and Lent)
- Parent and Godparent formation sessions and active church membership required
- Contact parish office for more information
- Regular church attendance, CLOW and family Faith Formation
- Individual family conferences
- One group session with parents for Reconciliation
- One group session with parents for Eucharist
- Regular church attendance and Alpha courses
- One year of active service to the parish
- Parent and sponsor participation