CantorsTo engage the parish assembly in prayerful sung dialogue. Cantors are leaders of the congregation in common sacred song and in responsorial singing. They serve God and the worshiping community in the act of singing the psalms and song texts, especially those drawn from and based on the Scriptures.
1. Practice and learn new hymns and any responses that are sung, such as responsorial psalms and gospel acclamations.
2. Enable the assembly to sing the prayers and hymns of our Christian tradition.
3. Lead the congregation in singing at all liturgies.
Volunteers Are Needed To...
1. Attend training sessions to prepare for becoming a cantor.
2. Serve in this specific liturgical role as cantor for one of the scheduled liturgies.
Meeting Times: To be announced
Contact Person: Dan Ranalli 410-272-4535 x122